Have you ever heard/read the quote saying implying that those who rely on quotes lack inspiration or the creativity to think for yourself? I can’t remember exactly how it goes and I’m too sleepy to Google to find it. Anyhow, everytime I ‘hear’ this quote, I tend to chuckle as I’m a BIG relier on quotes and I find them very inspiring.
Today I was browsing some of the local home decor stores for wall art (my kitchen is now painted and all that’s left in our reno project is a few baseboards and the transition piece at the stairs. It only took all summer but it’s looking good! Thanks, baby!) Anyhow, HomeSense and Winners had slim pickings, a few hopefuls but nothing that struck me enough to buy and Pier1 is just a scary store to go into with 2 rambunctious monkeys. The couple things I saw were pretty close to what I was looking for but way out of budget.
This disappointment led me to browse Etsy, which I haven’t done in some time. The category I opted to give a quick perusal offered alot of painted signs and vinyl wall art – often with well known quotes. I was struck by a number of them – humourous, feel good, inspirational – but I was reminded at how much I love children’s literature and Winnie the Pooh offers some of the best lines out there!
Before I fall asleep at night, I often blog in my head. I come up with witty and wonderful things to share but by the time morning comes and I’ve shaken the cobwebs out of my brain, I’ve completely forgotten what I was going to write. Tonight while I’m waiting for my Kobo (thanks, boys!) to sync, I thought I’d utilize the time to share some of my favourite quotes while I’m feeling inspired.
In no particular order (and without proper credit and even misqouted I’m sure), here are some of the words I try to live by:
* Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.
* Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.
* If there ever comes a day when we cannot be together, keep me in your heart… I will stay there forever. ~ Winnie the Pooh
* Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass, it’s about learning to dance in the rain.
* Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart. ~ Winnie the Pooh
* I meant what I said and I said what I meant. An elephant’s faithful 100%. ~ Horton Hears A Who
* Never tease a weasel. Not even once or twice. A weasel would not like it, and teasing isn’t nice. ~ Never Tease a Weasel by Jean Conder Soule. (We hear this one a lot around here! It’s a great little picture book that I highly recommend.)
* Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise. ~ Phil. 4:8 NLT
* There is something you must always remember. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think; but the most important thing is, even if we’re apart, I’ll always be with you. ~ Winnie the Pooh
* Faith is not belief without proof, but trust without reservation. ~ D. Elton Trueblood
* I have faith in God similar to how I have faith in the sun. Not because I can see it, but because I cannot see without it.
* Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
* Love is patient. Love is kind. It does not envy. It does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered. It keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. ~ 1 Corinthians 13
That’s all I’ve got for now! There are a ton of others I could share but these are what I’m offering tonight. I hope you find some inspiration among them and share with me the words that give you encouragement, hope, inspiration or just a smile!