It’s the beginning of another busy week, after yet another busy weekend and who want’s to think about cooking? Not me… which is why tonight (in between post-school chaos and pre-family-haircuts) we’ll be dining gourmet style, enjoying white cheddar mac-n-cheese (from a box!) and frozen pizza. Yum. (Blech!)
The second week after payday, I try to postpone the grocery expedition as long as possible and get us as close to the next payday as I can without doing a big shop. This means my meals don’t tend to be quite as creative though. (Or maybe they’re more creative…but not as exciting!) Last week’s meal plan went pretty well – although we didn’t get to the Fiesta Chicken Soup. In no particular order, here’s what’s on the current menu in the Brown household:
- Mac-n-Cheese with frozen Pizza
- Dutch Meatball Soup (I can never get mine to taste like Mom’s, Beppe’s or Oma’s… what’s the secret?)
- Shepherd’s Pie (this will NOT go over well with the monkeys, but I enjoy it!)
- Peanut Chicken with Coconut Basmati (I know two fabulous Epicure reps if you want to try the recipe… but storebought sauce – or your own concoction – would work just as well.
- Lasagna & Caesar Salad
- Honey Mustard Chicken, Roasted Potatoes, Salad & Fresh Cut Veggies
- Chicken Fajitas
and a spare:
- Cheesy Pasta Bake
Don’t forget to share your favourite quick and easy dinner ideas! And if anyone knows the secret to the soup (ahem, cough, cough – Mom!) wanna let me in on it?!