I think this will be another regular feature… first you’ve got your “Five On Friday” and now you’ll get “Menu Mayhem Monday”. I used to (at one time or another or another) actually plan our meals for the week, flip through collected recipes, assemble a grocery list, buy the actual required groceries and be able to look at the fridge any one day and choose from multiple meal options (including a spare) – all with the confidence that I wouldn’t run out of item A or ingredient B at any time during prep. Then life took over and I lost one more aspect of my organization and the grocery store blitz or quick run for bread/milk/eggs became the norm, mealtime became a disaster and we often have too much of this or not enough that in the cupboards at any given time.
So… duh, duh, duh, DUH… without further ado, I present my week of meals, as planned yesterday for “Menu Mayhem Monday”, a collection of 7+ meals to get me through the week’s meal prep sanely (although the actual consumption is another story…)
- Glazed Maple Chicken with Carmelized PearsThis is what we had for dinner tonight, served with white rice and a healthy side of cucumbers. 1 1/2 monkey approval rating (Kaleb loved the chicken but the pears made him gag – that kid has texture issues!)
- Mexican Baked Penne (originally from Today’s Parent but I can’t find the recipe. Basically it’s prepared penne with ground meat, corn, black beans – which we omit because Kevin has bean issues – tossed with salsa and cheese, then baked.
- Ribs, Twice Baked Potatoes, Salad & Fresh Cut Veggies
- Easy Jambalaya
- Chicken Pot Pie
- Mini Pita Pizzas and Fiesta Chicken Soup (the soup will be a first for us… but it sounds yummy!)
- Chicken Fingers, Sweet Potato Fries and Mixed Veggies
and a spare
- Spaghetti & Meatballs
Now… the plan itself is a start but I never did make it to the grocery store. I don’t plan on heading out tonight. However, if everything goes as planned, I can head over with Justin tomorrow while Kaleb’s at school and we can eliminate some of this week’s mealtime mayhem – if not, we’ll have to resort to chicken fingers or the spare (neither are Mommy’s favourites!)
Happy eating 🙂