The weather can’t seem to make up it’s mind. Is it spring? Is it winter? Let’s freeze one day, snow the next and melt it all down a few days later. I find the weather actually affects my cravings and eating habits – and this wonky weather has me just as confused as it seems to be. I want light spring-time meals, I want tummy-warming comfy food, I want someone else to cook for me for once!
I made it 2 weeks without doing a major grocery shop again (so proud!) – with just a quick run to replace some of the consumables (aren’t all groceries consumable? I don’t think that’s the word I want… but my brain is not cooperating this morning.)
Here is our mealplan for the next week aka – week 5:
- Turkey Pasta Bake (made this last night so I just have to bake in the oven – hooray for easy meals!)
- Turkey Stew
- Turkey Pot Pie (using leftovers from the Turkey Stew)
- Maple Chicken, Brocolli & Rice
- Perfect Roast Chicken, Twice Baked Potatoes, Spinach Citrus Salad & Fresh Cut Veggies
- Pulled Pork, Fresh Rolls & Asian Coleslaw
- Pulled Pork Pizza
& a spare:
All of it sounds delicious… although I seem to be going through a poultry phase. Strange! I’ve never made the turkey stew or turkey pot pie but I figure it should be simple enough to substitute the turkey for the chicken in a couple of my no-fail recipes.
Now that I’ve made up my mind, let’s hope the weather will do the same…and preferably leaning towards spring!