Last night I spent alot of time flipping through flyers, recipes, and the cupboard trying to come up with a cheap and effective meal plan to get me through the next 10 (yup, 10!) days. After comparing flyers, I still have NO IDEA where to get the bulk of my groceries the cheapest. No time to travel to 2 different towns, and 4 different grocery stores… decisions, decisions.
This is what we’re doing until the day we leave (9:30 am takeoff… we have to leave the house uber-early! What was I thinking?!)
- Maple Glazed Salmon Skewers, Breaded Halibut (for the boys), Curly Fries & Broccoli Slaw(this is what we enjoyed last night.)
- Thai Peanut Chicken Pizza (we’ll be modifying it using ingredients on hand – ie. homemade peanut sauce but it’s the inspiration for dinner tonight)
- Thai Peanut Chicken Pasta Salad (this will use the remaining peanut sauce and chicken from tonight… it’ll be a throw-together-and-see-how-it-works type of meal tomorrow night.)
- Turkey Sausage, Steamed Brocoli & Carrots, Seasoned Basmati Rice
- Ribs, Pierogies or Roasted Potatoes, Caesar Salad
- Chicken Caesar Pitas
- Chicken Alfredo Puffs & Garden Salad
- Pasta & another Salad
- Beef Kebabs, Corn on the Cob, Fresh Veggies & Italian Bread
- Philly Cheesesteaks (or something of the sort using the leftover beef)
- Turkey Caesar Burgers, Veggies & Dip
Side note – I dropped my dress off for alterations this morning. They were super-busy and I had to wait… so they gave me a discount and will hem Kaleb’s pants for free -woohoo. It should look absolutely gorgeous when it actually fits. We don’t want to encounter a wardrobe malfunction under the desert sun. Fingers crossed they’ll do a good job (and maybe I’ve found a place to alter my many jeans that are just a tad too long!) Oooh.. and can I just say that regular bra fittings are amazing things – just saying!