The times I’m feeling a little sorry for myself, a little off, or a little overwhelmed are generally the times I have to practice meaningful gratitude.
Here are 5 things I’m grateful for this Friday.
- Friends who will talk me down when I’m lost in my own doubts and indecision, talk me into doing the right thing, and talk me through the hard situations.
- Sitting in the E.R waiting room for hours. Not to be confused with just being in the E.R., but if I have to make use of that service, and I’m left waiting to linger, I know that our situation, while possibly concerning and uncomfortable, it is not life-threatening.
- Takeout – meal plans and meal prep is all fine and dandy, but when you’re physically and emotionally done it’s okay to take a shortcut to make life easier and that mango salad was delicious.
- My bed. Oh Lord, am I grateful for my bed this morning. Those three hours of sleep were not enough and I know I’ll be sneaking in a nap today.
- My kids. They make me want to pull my hair out at times and we don’t always see eye to eye, but this Mama’s heart is just bubbling over with thanks for her boys. They are beautifully and wonderfully made, unique and incredible in their own ways, bring a richness of joy and fullness to our lives.
Quickly… instead of thinking on what’s gone wrong this week, think of what you can be grateful for – even if it was just as simple as a ray of sunshine on your living room floor or a great cup of coffee this morning.