My meal plan last week was geeat in theory, but we didn’t follow it very closely. I definitely prepare healthier food or follow better eating habits when the kids are home. On our own, Kev and I tend to do a lot scavenging and fend for ourselves.
The boys are home tomorrow. (Oh how I’ve missed them…) Even our meal tonight didn’t go to plan. I had a healthy veggie noodle stirfry planned – topped with cashews for crunch and texture – and Kev came home with samosas from a new restaurant that opened in town. Who am I to complain?
I actually prepared a plan for two weeks this time. Next week’s plan is subject to change as I have only done groceries for this plan.
- cashew stir fry and spring rolls
- rice, farmers sausage, and spinach salad
- potato soup
- korean beef sloppy joes
- crepes and fruit
- tortellini with pesto, spinach and broccoli
- mac & beef casserole
- veggie loaded pasta and garlic bread
- corned beef, potatoes, carrots corned beef on rye with tomato jalapeno soup
- italian sausage meatloaf with buttered bowties and broccoli
Does anyone have some great budget-friendly, time-friendly school lunch ideas? I don’t know how my oldest isn’t tired of his go-to lunch box formula…