As we ate take-out once again tonight, I’ve decided I am horrible at sticking to my menu. In my defense, I’ve not been feeling well and tonight’s excuse is that at the time the two guys were complaining of hunger, I was fighting off hot flashes and a pounding headache and racing pulse. On one hand, I think I need to be preparing more food at home to combat some of the symptoms I’ve been experiencing, but by the time dinner-hour hits, I don’t have the energy or strength to deal with it or the complaints I inevitably get. Meh.
So tonight we enjoyed some Asian takeout… and there are leftovers for lunch tomorrow. That’s a good thing, because my bank account is more empty than my cupboards. Payday is still a few days away. (Maybe the money spent on take out would have been better spent on pantry basics and some fruit.)
The rest of our menu this week may include the following… depending on the curveballs life sends our way:
- mac & cheese with side salad
- chicken wings with roasted potatoes and fresh veggies
- tacos (as part of a the drop in group I volunteer with – an end of school year dinner we’ve been invited to attend)
- stuffed peppers & garlic bread
- enchiladas with salad
- sticky coconut chicken with rice pilaf (recipe via Leigh Anne Wilkes – Your Homebased Mom)
- or soup… because comfort food still makes my list when I’m feeling crummy!
I’m not tying myself down this week – easy peasy, shortcuts, take out, veering off plan – whatever keeps the family fed!