Our meal plan and grocery shop this week will be a little interesting. A friend sent a code for a free trial of HelloFresh which should be arriving tomorrow. Three meals, perfectly planned and prepped for me (or whoever decides to be helpful) – all we need to do is cook. I have no actual opinions on the service yet, except to say I find the fees crazy expensive versus shopping and prepping myself… definitely a convenience thing, but it was easy to set up an account and select our meals.
Our Hello Fresh menu will include:
- One-Pot Mexican Pork Stew
- Steak, Fries, and Green Beans
- Hawaiian Veggie Rice Bowl
Our regular menu will include:
- Mini-Pepper Poppers, Mac & Cheese (from a box – gasp!) and Carrot Chips (tonight! It smells so good in here…)
- Italian Sausage on a Bun, Caesar Salad on the side
- Beef Enchiladas
- Sesame Ginger Noodles with Veggie Spring Rolls
Plus cooking for approx. 20 young teens at a local youth drop-in program:
- Hot Dogs, Fries & Veggie Sticks
It’s a weird week. Convenience appeals to me… but the price tag of a meal service doesn’t. Cooking for a crowd tends to stress me out (but we don’t have to provide an entirely “healthy” meal.) I don’t know when I’m actually going to be able to pick up groceries, but my cupboards are bare. The boys’ lunches were heavy on the fruit (not a bad thing) but not very well-rounded. It may just be one of those weeks… at least we can appreciate that are tummies are full!